Friday, November 22, 2019

Pinedale Polar Bear Plunge Meet Dec 14

Sign-up for the Pinedale Polar Bear Plunge is now open in your ActiveWorks swimportal.

Deadline is December 3.

Last weekend, some of our swimmers attended the Top 5 weekend events in Casper, WY last weekend and participated in a clinic conducted by Rebecca Soni, Gold Medalist and World Record Setter.

There are numerous articles about Rebecca in the Swimmer's Corner of this blog.

In one interview Rebecca was asked:
From heart surgery to a back injury, you’ve experienced a few setbacks. How did you overcome these obstacles and what advice would you give to swimmers who are experiencing challenges in their swimming training or career?
Rebecca responded: We all have our own challenges. You can choose to focus on the obstacle and the struggle, or focus on getting better and overcoming it. I have never allowed myself to be defined by any physical ailments. Instead, I chose to focus on my goals and be the swimmer that I believed I was or could be.
Something for all of us to think about.


No comments:

Post a Comment